I've been kind of busy this week, so I thought I'd cheat and post some photos for this week's blog post instead of a story. Here are some of my favorite photos from my jaunts along the dog beach here in Huntington Beach.
It's one of my favorite places to go with my camera - even though I don't have a dog of my own. Maybe you will see why...
It's always fun to see the wide range of dogs on any given day. Some are very, very big.
And other are tiny little things!
It's a place where strangers come together and get over their differences.
It's a place where the big boys play with their big dogs.
And the little dogs look out for their little owners.
Even on the coldest, stormiest winter day, the braver dogs come out to play.
Sometimes things get rowdy...
Sometimes they are slow and deliberate.
You might see sisters racing along in unison,
...or arguing over who really caught the frisbee and earned the right to bring it back to the master.
Some come for lessons....
...and other to just mill about and wander hither and yon to see who else is here and make new friends.
Sometimes the little guys have to carry big sticks to look scarier!
On a gloomy, winter day, this bright yellow rain jacket made a cheerful contrast.
And being southern California, of course, it's not too uncommon to come across a huge standard poodle the size of a small pony with ears and pop pom paws dyed hot pink.
Sometimes they bring their hunky owners to make for good scenery, too!
Some are very friendly and want to get right up in your face.
And others see nothing but the ball they are focused on fetching. (I thought it was kind of cool that I caught this guy in mid air!)
There are prissy little "Fifi" dogs...
And crazy speed demons....
Bouncing around like jack rabbits!
Some run with their people...

























No comments:
Post a Comment