Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brushing Up on Motherhood Skills

I was reading through my morning facebook posts, checking up on what my friends and loved ones were up to today, before heading out.
  
Daniel and Sam and Zoan all had birthdays, so celebrations were in order. 


Astrid posted a photo from her location on vacation in Puerto Rico, which made me jealous and long for St. Croix.  


And still awaiting word that my niece, Tana's baby has made his/her arrival into this wold as we are past due date - maybe holding out for my daughter, Erin's birthday on the 4th?


And then I came upon this picture.  


A photo my daughter, Jenn, took of her son, Gavin, when he was just a couple of months old at the pumpkin patch.  


What was even sweeter was the blog entry that followed...


"I was on my hands and knees cleaning up a bowl of spilt Special K....Gavin comes up behind me and starts brushing my hair.


 It was so soft and so sweet. “What a good job you are doing. You’re being so nice. Good job Gavin.”


He keeps brushing as I continue to clean up. 


After about thirty seconds or so, he comes around in front ...and puts the toilet bowl brush down on the floor in front of me."


...And the torch is passed.  In ooohhh, so many ways!  


My beautiful Jenn who thinks we have nothing in common....


My Jenn, the artist, the photographer, the blogger, and now the mother....


She may just begin to know and understand me just a little bit one of these days......now that her road as a woman and a mother has just begun.  


We are not so very different after all (big smile.)  





I'm so happy you are happy, Jen, and can't wait to see Gavin one of these days.

Love you forever,
   ...as long as you're living,
      ...my baby, you'll be.


               -- Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment